Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Abundant Provider


     I wrote letters to various seed companies, soliciting vegetable seed donations for Haiti.  Another day, another letter, another 44¢ stamp.  Call me crazy, but I prayed over every letter as I slipped it into the mailbox.
     Fast forward one month.  I receive a call from someone at a seed company here in town.  “I was going through my letters looking for worthy causes to donate to, and your cause sounds very worthy to me.  We are going out of business.  Would you like to come by and see if there is any seed you can use?”  Heck, yes!!  I completely forgot I had written to this company.
     Long story short, I went.  I looked.  I wished I had borrowed a van!  My car was packed full of seeds; so much so that my car looked like a tail-dragger going down the highway.  The front seat, back seat and trunk were loaded with bags, sacks, and containers of seeds.  360 pounds worth.  Yep, 360 pounds.  That’s a lot of seed.
     A 44 cent stamp yielded nearly $7300 worth of donated seed.  You’ve heard of “R.O.I.” – Return on Investment?  This is “R.O.P.” – Return on Prayer.
     When God provides, He provides abundantly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment