Wednesday, November 24, 2010

God telephones at 6 a.m.

     I found a source from which to purchase small hotel-sized bars of soap, great for distributing to the folks down in Haiti.  I priced the quantity online, then filed the information away under "I'll order this later."
     2 days later, I'm back online looking at the soap.  The price has gone up.  Drats!!  I create my profile and begin the ordering process.  Major glitch.... the company won't sell to me because I'm not a business.  I leave a message for someone, anyone.  How can I purchase this item? 
     Arrow prayer to God.  "Help me, if it be Your will."
     Later, someone calls me back and we sort out the details.  I create my profile and place the order, sort of.  I'm told someone must call me back with a customer number before the order can be completed and shipped.
     I wait.  Nothing. 
     The next morning the phone rings.  At 6 a.m.  Mustering my best groggy voice in which to answer the phone (I mean, seriously, who is gutsy enough to call me at this hour of the morning?  It better be important.), I pick up the handset and scan the Caller ID. 
     It's the company.
     Swallowing quickly, I now muster the most pleasant voice I can for the insanely early hour.  The lady, unaware of the time difference, chats politely about my order, customer number, etc.  Then she gives me the information that makes me sit bolt upright in bed.
     The price for the soap dropped! Lower than when I first began pricing it.  Noticing the grog still in my voice, the lady suddenly asks if she woke me up and offers to call me back later.  NO way!!  I want that lower price!
     We complete the order and as I flop back into bed, it dawns on me....  God is at work again, moving in His mysterious timing, providing soap for His children in Haiti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment